Lakeland Custom Homes Labour Warranty Program
One Year Labour Warranty
- Requires that a home be constructed in a workman-like manner and free
from defects in workmanship
- Requires the home to be fit for habitation;
- Protects against Ontario Building Code violations; and
- Applies for one year, beginning on the home’s date of possession even if the
home is sold.
Two Year Labour Warranty
- Protects against water penetration through the basement or foundation walls
- Protects against defects in work that results in water penetration into the
- Covers defects in work that result in the detachment, displacement or
deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brickwork, aluminum or vinyl
- Protects against violations of the Ontario Building Code that affect health
- Applies for two years, beginning on the home’s date of possession.
Eight Year Labour Warranty
Your home’s eight year warranty covers major structural defects (MSD) and
begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the day before the
eighth anniversary of that date. For example, if your home’s date of possession is October 23, 2005, the eight year MSD warranty begins on October 23, 2005 and remains in effect until and including October 22, 2013.
In addition, any defect in work with respect to the building, including a crack,
distortion or displacement of a structural load-bearing element that:
(i) results in failure of a structural load-bearing element of the building,
(ii) materially and adversely affects the ability of a structural load-bearing element of the building to carry, bear and resist applicable structural loads for the usual and ordinary service life of the element, or
(iii) materially and adversely affects the use of a significant portion of the building
for usual and ordinary purposes of a residential dwelling
The eight year MSD warranty includes, major cracks in basement walls, collapse
or serious distortion of joints or roof structure. The eight year MSD warranty
specifically excludes: dampness not arising from failure of a load-bearing portion of the building; damage to drains or services; and damage to finishes.
NOTE – Material warranty is covered by manufacturer
We are a registered TARION builder - #42852
Lakeland is a fully licensed and insured residential and commercial construction company. We have Commercial General Liability Insurance as a business operation: General Contractor for Residential and Commercial Construction. We are able to provide clients with proof of insurance per job specific requirements.